Jessica is flying into Hong Kong as I write this post. She will be boarding another plane and heading to the island, state, and country of Singapore to work at Lucas Films for two years. She can't tell us what movie she will be working on, but it has to be fun right? To the middle of Malaysia and Indonesia she goes:
While there I am sure she will partake in fun things like soaking up the city lights:
Maybe she will "cruise down the 650 metres Jungle trail or the 688 metres Dragon trail" at the Skyline Luge Sentosa:
Of course, she will spend lots of time on beautiful beaches:
Or maybe she will explore cities like Geylang. It has "an atmospheric quarter on Singapore's east coast that bristles with great period architecture, leggy street walkers and some of the best local food on the island.":
Some Singapore facts just in case Jessica quizzes us:
1. Population: about 5 million people (36% foreigners)
2. Demographics: Chinese (74.2%): Malay (13.4%): Indians (9.2%): Others (3.2%)
3. Languages: English, Mandarin, Malay and Tamil
4. President: SR Nathan (Sellapan Ramanathan, Tamil). He is the longest serving President in Singapore. Wikipedia states that one survey showed that "nearly 80 percent of Singaporeans hoped for a contest" against him, but he ran unopposed so we will have to wait and hear Jessica's report about everyone's true feelings.
5. Major industries: Shipping, banking, tourism, electrical & electronics, chemicals, and oil refining
6. Local currency: Singapore dollar (1 Singapore dollar: $0.80 American dollar)
7. And 40 Fun Facts about Singapore can be found here!
We miss you Jessica, but can't wait to hear all about your new adventure.
Facts taken from here and here.